Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

A film remembered.

TWO DAYS TO ZERO
Frank Thring: from King of Kings to the Terrible Ten.

In the early 1960's I edited an internationally popular children's TV series, The Terrific Adventures of the Terrible Ten, produced by Roger Mirams. I was fortunate enough to direct some episodes, of which TWO DAYS TO ZERO is one.

I commissioned the script by David Sale (No 96) and cast Frank Thring fresh from his big screen appearance and direction by Nicholas Ray.

It's amazing how, when young, one displays some amazing chutzpah. Frank, I think was amused at the idea and agreed. He was joined by Dianna Bell and Ernie Bourne with an appearance by Freddy Parslow. The film was a lot of fun to make, and there are tales which won't be told out of school; suffice to say the BBC refused to screen it, stating 'farce is often a family joke'. How judicious. Nonetheless, the AFI liked it and gave it a gong.

The film is now viewable on my VIMEO site. 
https://vimeo.com/206015594
I hope you watch the film and enjoy the fun. BK

No comments:

Post a Comment